Removable Partial & Removable Complete Denture
Removable Partial Denture
Removeable partial denture is a treatment to replace a single or multiple missing teeth positions. The denture is removable and re-insertable made of the following materials.
Removable Partial Denture Process
Removable partial denture may take several appointments depends on cases according to quantity of denture and the teeth condition.
- The dentist will examine the teeth, x-ray, drilling in some positions may be required, and create the impression.
- Try-in the removable partial denture
- Insert the denture
- Dentist may ask for a follow-up appointment. Other combining treatments can be provided, depend on cases.
Removable Complete Denture
This type of denture is used in the absence of salt teeth at all in each jaw. to help them be able to chew food and go about their daily life as usual.
Removable Complete Denture Process
- X-ray and create the preliminary impression
- Fabricate preliminary impression cast and custom impression tray
- Fabrication of master cast
- Confirm fit and extension of record base
- Try-in the removable complete denture
- Follow-up appointment to check the condition after use
It usually takes about 1-2 weeks to make the denture.
Lifespan of Denture
Removable denture can last for 5-10 years depends on the aftercare.
Aftercare of Denture
- Use soft brush and soap to clean the denture, rinse with clean water
- Avoid soaking the denture in hot water because the denture may distort or deform
- Do take the denture off and soak in water before bed at night, allow the denture-bearing tissues to rest
- Have an appointment with the dentist every 6 months
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I do alignment with my denture on ?
A : It is possible to have teeth alignment if you have permanent denture such as crown and bridge. However, it is best to consult with your dentist for the alignment plan.
Which denture type is suitable for me ?
A : There are many types of dentures, each serving different purpose. For the best denture plan, we recommend you contacting the dentist who has proficiency and directly experience.
Denture is only for elderly ?
A : Most people think denture is only for elderly people, but denture can also be used among those who have accidentally chipped or broken their teeth, or those in need of teeth removal.
Register an Appointment