Gum Disease (Gingivitis)
Gum Disease or Gingivitis is a common disease. It is an early stage of gum infection. However, if no proper treatment has been treated, Gum Disease can develop to other stages of Periodontal Disease.
Reasons of Gum Disease
Gum disease is an infection caused by bacteria or plaque building on the spaces between tooth and gum such as cervix (neck) and tooth gap. The bacteria may poison or create an acid developing an infection on the gum.
Results of Gum Disease
- bleeding while brushing the teeth or using dental floss
- redness and swollen gum
- the teeth look whiter/longer because the gum is shrinking
Gum Disease Treatment Process
Self-treatment brush the teeth with toothbrush twice a day and use dental floss regularly.
- Treatment by a dentist the dentist will clean the teeth by performing dental scaling and polishing
- Consultation with the dentist
- The dentist will do dental scaling with hand instruments or a low frequency ultrasonic dental scaler
- Finish off by polishing the teeth
Gum Disease Treatment Duration
Gum disease will destroy the tissue and gum, causing loosen gum. These tissue and gum are not rebuildable or replaceable, therefore it is necessary to always take good care of the oral health as instructed by the dentist.
Lifespan of Gum Disease Treatment
Gum disease treatment includes having a self-treatment like brushing the teeth and visiting the dentist every 3-6 months for dental scaling and polishing.
Gum Disease Treatment Aftercare
- Brush the teeth correctly at least twice a day
- Use dental floss and mouthwash
- Take good care of the overall health to have better immune fighting with the inflection ex. avoid smoking
- Have an appointment with the dentist every 3-6 months for dental scaling, polishing and dental checkup.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to permanently cure Gum Disease ?
A : Gum Disease will cause tissue and gum loss, as well as loosen gum. The disease can reoccur anytime if the teeth is not cleaned properly or having poor oral hygiene.
How serious is Gum Disease ?
A : Gum Diseases can be threatening without a good or proper oral care, since Gum Disease can develop to Periodontal Disease, or in another word, the infection spreads from only gum to other area as well. Finally, untreated Gum Disease may lead to tooth loss.
Register an Appointment