Root Canal Treatment for Children
Why children need root canal treatment ?
Root canal treatment for children is happened when the child’s baby tooth gets infected from the bacteria or have deep teeth decay in the root canal. The child may suffer from toothache and gum pain on the infected area.
Root Canal Treatment for Children Process
- the dentist will examine the oral condition, determine if root canal treatment can be carried out and X-ray
- injecting the anesthetics, and then removing the infected tissue, tooth and root canal
- cleaning the root canal area, and applying medication
- covering the crown on the top
Duration of Root Canal Treatment for Children
Root canal treatment for children usually takes about 1-2 hours per time.
Lifespan of Root Canal Treatment for Children
Root canal treatment for children can last until the baby tooth wear off.
Root Canal Treatment for Children Aftercare
- brush the teeth with toothbrush and use dental floss
- avoid high sugar content food
- have an appointment with the dentist every 6 months to check the oral condition
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it essential for children to get root canal treatment ?
A : Root canal treatment for children will save the baby tooth from wearing off too early. This allows good bone structure for permanent teeth to erupt nicely, reducing chances of crowded and crooked teeth, and other oral problems.
Is treatment duration as same as the adult ?
A : Root canal treatment for children can be done within 1 appointment. There are smaller number of cases requiring more than 1 appointment.
Register an Appointment