Dental Sealants For Kids
Why Dental Sealants ?
Dental sealants are coating treatment on the chewing surface and grooves, usually take place when the first permanent molar teeth fully erupted. Brushing molar teeth’s chewing surface can be difficult because the grooves are narrow and deep, increasing the risks of tooth decay. Dental sealant will allow easier teeth brushing, protect the tooth from getting food and bacteria tap, and prevent from tooth cavity.
Reasons for Dental Sealants ?
- Tooth decay (cavity) on the chewing surface and groove
- The tooth fully erupted
- Deep chewing surface and grooves on the front tooth
- Deep grooves on baby tooth
Dental Sealants Process
- The dentist will polish the teeth and clean food particles and bacteria around the desired chewing surface area
- The dentist will apply the sealant material on the groove’s surface, curing light is used to harden the sealant
- The dentist will check if the sealant is bonding with the groove’s surface and biting problems
Dental Sealants Duration
Dental Sealants only take about 5-10 minutes per tooth.
Lifespan of Dental Sealants
Dental Sealants can last for 10 years depend on each person’s after care.
Dental Sealants Aftercare
- Brush the teeth with soft brush twice a day and use dental floss
- Have an appointment with the dentist every 6 months to check the oral care
- Eat balance types of food and less sugar
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a suitable age to do dental sealants ?
A : It is recommended to do dental sealants when the first permanent molar teeth fully erupted, usually at the age of 6-7 years old and can do until 11-12 years old.
Does it hurt to get dental sealants ?
A : Dental sealants do not cause any pain, also no anesthetics needed.
Register an Appointment