Dental veneer is an attachment of a thin and clear ceramic layer to the front surface of the teeth to improve the appearance. Veneer will strengthen the teeth condition, making the teeth surface more durable, therefore the process is quite popular.
Which teeth types are right for veneer ?
- Discolored, uneven-colored teeth
- Front teeth with large or many fillings
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Uneven, irregularly shaped teeth
- The dentist will examine your teeth, smile, and color.
- To prepare the teeth surface, drilling may require in this stage, as well as anesthetics to prevent from sensitive teeth.
- Take the impression of the teeth and send to the laboratory to produce Veneer.
- Temporary place and adjust the veneer before permanently cementing.
Veneer usually takes about 1-2 weeks.
Lifespan of Veneer
Veneer can last for 10-15years depends on cases.
Benefits of Veneer
- Aesthetics, looks natural like real teeth
- Improve and enhance the shape and look of the teeth
- Make you feel more confident and achieving a brighter smile
- Durability is same as natural teeth, unlikely to have stain from food, drinks, and smoking.
- Lasts for 10-15 years
- Avoid chewing on hard food that may break the veneer.
- Brush the teeth thoroughly and use dental floss
- Avoid stain-causing food and drinks such as tea, coffee, soft drinks, wine, and others, as well as any type of smoking.
- The dentist may ask for an appointment every 6 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is suitable for Veneer ?
A : Veneer is not only popular among celebrities but also among those who would like to have a whiter and more even teeth. Veneer can be another option for those who do not want to do teeth alignment.
What is suitable age for Veneer ?
- Female more than 16 years old
- Male more than 18 years old
NOTE: Veneer is not recommended for younger ages because it is possible that the position of teeth and gums may change. Therefore, we recommend the above age suggestions as teeth are fully developed.
Is it fine to do Veneer at any clinic ?
A : Veneer treatment required skillful dentists with direct experiences. It is also important that he/she concerns about the cleanliness, hygiene, and standard procedure. Problems with low quality veneer may consist of oral health problems such as veneer looks unnatural, has short-lifespan, low durability, easy to break, as well as creates bad breath
Is there any other treatment for spacing issues beside teeth alignment?
A : Without having teeth alignment, spacing issues can be treated by 2 procedures: Veneer and Fillings. However, Fillings can fix the problem only in a specific area.
- Other benefits of Veneer are to fix the appearance of the teeth’s shape and improve the smile quality.
What is the different between Veneer and Teeth Whitening ?
A : Teeth whitening is applying a whitening agent directly on the teeth to change the teeth color, whereas, Veneer is using a resin composite or ceramic to cover the teeth’s front surface.
Register an Appointment